This recipe was adapted for our Silpat Perfect Scone Mold by our friends at The Butter Book - check out their website for many more fantastic recipes and demonstrations at www.thebutterbook.com
YIELD : 12
PREPARATION TIME : 20 MINS
BAKE TIME : 20 MINS
EQUIPMENT USED : Silpat Perfect Scone Mold, Perfect Pastry, Cook N Cool tray
Candied Oranges, Roasted Hazelnuts and Bittersweet Chocolate Scones
- All- purpose flour - 230 gram / 1 ¾ cup
- Baking Powder - 7 grams / 1 ¾ tsp
- Sea salt - 2 grams / ½ tsp
- Light Brown Sugar or Turbinado Sugar - 70 grams / ⅓ cup + 2 tsp
- Butter 82% fat cubed, cold - 90 grams / ⅓ cup + 1TB
- One Whole egg - 50 grams
- Heavy Cream - 125 grams / ½ cup + 2 tsp
- Bittersweet Chocolate Chips - 130 grams / ¾ cup
- Candied Orange Peel, cubed - 60 grams / 2 ½ TB
- Zest of one orange
- One Whole egg, beaten for egg wash - 50 Grams
- Chopped Hazelnuts - 70 grams / ½ cup
- Confectionery Sugar - 50 grams / ½ cup
- Scale the ingredients and bring to room temperature except the butter.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and place them in a mixing bowl, mix in the cubed butter.
- Make a well in the center and pour the egg and heavy cream in the center of it.
- Mix until the dough comes together and add the chocolate chips, chopped orange peel and zest.
- Place the dough on your Silpat Perfect Pastry
- Dust the top of the dough with a small amount of flour and roll it into a 8”L X 6” W X 5/8” thick rectangle.
- Brush the top of the dough with the beaten egg.
- Sprinkle the chopped hazelnuts and dust with confectionery sugar.
- With a plastic pastry cutter, cut the dough into 12 triangles following the diagram below and place your scones into each Silpat Perfect Scone cavity.
- Bake on on your Cook N Cool for 20 minutes at 350F/ 176C.