This recipe was adapted for our Silpat Perfect Heard Mold by our friends at The Butter Book - check out their website for many more fantastic recipes and demonstrations at www.thebutterbook.com
Your honey deserves something sweet, whether it's Valentine's Day or 'just because'. This decadent Cherry Ganache on a sweet wafer cookie is the perfect way to show you care. The best part is that you can use any juice or puree that you have on hand! Or divide the recipe and make multiple flavor ganaches.
PREPARATION TIME : 20 MINUTES
WAFER BAKE TIME : 20 MINUTES
GANACHE FREEZE TIME : 60 MINUTES
EQUIPMENT USED : Silpat Half Size and/or Silpat Perfect Bread, Silpat Perfect Pastry, Silpat Perfect Heart Mold, Cook N Cool Tray
Sweet Dough or Pâte Sucrée
- Confectioners’ sugar - 65 grams / 1/2cup+2+1/2tsp
- All-purpose flour - 190 grams / 1+1/2cup
- Unsalted butter, 82% fat, soft peak - 90 grams / 1/3cup+ 1TB
- Sea salt - 1 grams / 1/4tsp
- Vanilla extract - 5 grams / 1+1/4tsp
- Whole eggs - 35 grams / 2TB+1tsp
- Scale all the ingredients precisely and bring them to room temperature.
- Sift the confectioners’ sugar on parchment paper or a Silpat and the flour on a separate parchment paper or Silpat.
- Mix the butter and salt in a stand mixer bowl on low speed for about 10 sec using the paddle attachment.
- Add the vanilla and incorporate.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar. Mix on low speed to combine. Then scrape the side of the bowl.
- Now add the eggs and mix on low speed until combined. Then scrape the bowl.
- Mix in one-third of the flour on low speed. Then mix in the remaining flour until it is well incorporated.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours or preferably overnight. (This dough can be frozen up to 1 month)
- The next day roll out the dough on your Perfect Pastry to 1/16” thickness and cut out 2” discs using a cookie cutter.
- Transfer your discs to your Cook N Cool tray, lined with a half sized Silpat or Perfect Bread and bake at 320°F/160°C for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and then set aside.
- Pure cherry juice or puree - 65 grams / ¼ cup
- Heavy cream - 65 grams / ¼ cup+1tsp
- Dark chocolate 64% - 130 grams / ¾ cup
- Unsalted Butter 82% - 25 grams / 1 ½ TB+1tsp
- Scale the ingredients and bring them to room temperature.
- Chop the dark chocolate finely and place in a small bowl
- Bring the heavy cream and cherry juice to a simmer
- Pour over the dark chocolate and let sit for one minute
- Stir the ganache with a whisk beginning with small circles in the center and widen as it homogenizes.
- Add the soft butter and whip until combined.
- Pour or pipe into the Perfect Heart wells.
- Freeze for one hour.
- Dust the round cookies with a small amount of confectioner sugar.
- Unmold each Heart and cover with small red sprinkles.
- Place heart on a cookie and keep in a cool place before serving.